Last Updated: June 19, 2023
Unique Nannies, LLC ( “Unique Nannies,” “We,” or “Us”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. Unique Nannies is a nanny placement business that connects nannies and families together.
This Policy applies to information we collect:
• On the Website.
• In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and the Website.
• From our affiliates, any of our service providers or your selected providers (collectively “Business Partners”), collected to provide our services to you (“Services”).
• When you contact us.
This Policy does not apply to information collected by any third party including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website. This Policy does not apply to the practices of any of the families that you may be in contact with to provide your services.
Children Under the Age of 13
Unique Nannies is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on our Website. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on our Website. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us our contact form.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We collect different types of information from and about users of our Website, as well as from individuals who fill out an application to be on a nanny on our Website. Through the use of our Website, we may collect (the below collectively, “Your Information”):
• Personal Identifiable Information: By which you may be personally identified, including but not limited to name, date of birth, age, United States Citizenship status, eligibility to work in the United States, email, phone number, address and past addresses, parental status, work experience, education history, whether you have a United States Social Security Number or Driver’s license (but not the actual identification numbers), salary requirements, vaccination status, resume data, or other information you provide to us in which you may be personally identified (“Personal Information”). We may also receive the results of the background check performed for screening purposes.
• Usage Data: Data may be collected from you automatically when you access our Website about how you access and use the Website (“Usage Data”). Usage Data may include information such as your device’s Internet Protocol address (e.g., IP address), the time and date of your visit, the time zone in which you are visiting from, and other diagnostic data.
• Aggregate Data: We may collect data that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as statistical information and analytic data relating to our Website usage.
We collect information:
• Directly from you when you provide it to us such as when fill out an application to be a nanny.
• When you correspond with us, such as records or copies of correspondence (including email addresses) if you contact us.
• Automatically as you navigate through the Website.
Technologies Used for Automatic Data Collection
We may use “cookies” to collect certain information, specifically Usage Data, to ensure that you get the most out of our Website. A cookie is a file stored on your computer or device to uniquely identify your browser or to store information or settings on your computer or device. For example, when you visit our Website again, the cookie allows the Website to recognize your browser. Cookies allow us to monitor usage of the Website, improve the Website’s usability, and to personalize the content for you.
Google Analytics and reCAPTCHA:
Google Analytics and reCAPTCHA are web analytics websites offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic and protect against malicious software. Google uses the data collected to track, monitor, and protect the use of our Website. This data is shared with other Google Websites. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
Third Party Cookies and Tracking Technologies:
Third Party Links and Social Media Platforms
We may receive some information that you submit to a third-party website or application that you access through the Website, including but not limited to information from your social media profile if you connect with us on Social Media Platforms.
How We Use Your Information
We may use Your Information for the following purposes:
• To evaluate you and screen you to be approved to be a nanny.
• To present our Website and its content to you.
• To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
• For the performance of a contract, including to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
• To contact you by email, telephone calls, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, regarding updates or informative communications.
• To provide customer support.
• To detect, prevent, and address technical issues and to improve our Website and services.
• To prevent and detect criminal and/or fraudulent activity that would be damaging to you and us.
• To notify you about changes to our Website or any services we offer or provide though it.
• To comply with, respond to, and enforce applicable legal requirements, legal subpoenas or other binding legal requests.
• In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
• To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
• For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We may disclose Your Information, including Personal Information, that we collect, or you provide as described in this Policy:
• To families who are seeking nannies.
• To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
• To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we partner with to provide our services, or we use to support our business.
• To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information or information held by us about our users is among the assets transferred.
• To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you provide us with an email address for us to contact you, we will transmit the contents of that request and contact you.
• For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
• For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
• To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
• To enforce our agreements or applicable contracts or other legal documentation, including our terms and conditions [link of terms and conditions] which are incorporated herein by reference.
• If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of our customers, our organization, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
• Promotional Offers Unique Nannies. If you do not wish to have your email address or contact information used by Unique Nannies to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can unsubscribe by contacting us via our contact form.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
Unique Nannies is based in the State of New York in the United States. We provide this Website only for use of individuals located in the United States. We make no claims that the Website, its accessibility, or its content is appropriate or your access to it is legal outside of the United States. If you access the Website from outside the United States, you do so at your own initiative and risk, and consent to potential processing, collection, and transfer of your Personal Information to a country that may have different privacy laws and that may or may not be as comprehensive as your own.
We have implemented measures designed to secure Your Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. However, the safety and security of Your Information also depends on you.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
For any questions or concerns regarding your privacy or this Policy, you may contact us at:
(201) 893-3710 | Contact Form